Unified Remix - VOD2Live¶
Streaming meets linear TV
Deliver viewers a traditional TV-like experience with custom linear TV channels, niche and pop-up channels that cater to a particular audience, pre-recorded music events, FAST (free ad-supported TV) services and more. VOD2Live takes a set of media assets previously prepared for VOD streaming and repurposes them into a live linear stream.
- No live encoder, repurpose VOD assets in a playlist driven workflow without the need for a live encoder
- Works on every device, deliver HLS, MPEG-DASH and Smooth with output being no different from a live encoder
- Live ad replacement, add industry standard SCTE 35 markers for live ad replacement
- Cost-effective, no expensive broadcast chain with live encoders. No viewers equals no running cost
- Capitalize on market trends, Create niche/boutique channels, and live stream pre-recorded concerts and other events
- Unlimited flexibility, create as many channels as you like for every audience with minimal upfront investment
- Cutting edge codecs, Stream in 4K HDR with advanced audio using HEVC, AV1, Dolby Atmos or DTS:X
- Easy to integrate, fits seamlessly into existing Unified Streaming workflows
- Deploy anywhere, bare metal on premises, containerized, or in the cloud
How it Works
Remix VOD2Live makes use of two Unified Streaming products: Unified Remix for preparing the playlist of VOD assets, and Unified Origin for delivering this playlist as a live stream.
The live stream can be configured to start at a specific time and can also be left looping until stopped. Viewers join the stream at the live edge as with a regular live stream. From the perspective of the playout device, there is no difference between a live stream from a live encoder and one generated using Remix VOD2Live.
Table of contents
- Create a looping / rotating playlist for VOD2Live
- Length of playlist
- Live edge within playlist
- Reloading playlist
- Process a VOD2Live playlist with Remix
- Set up a VOD2Live channel with Origin