Unified Origin - VOD
Stream from a single source
Package and secure a single Video on Demand (VOD) presentation just-in-time (JIT) into formats that reach any internet connected device. A future proof solution that scales to demand, is highly resilient and meets the infinitely evolving needs of broadcasters, telcos and streaming providers looking to offer the most advanced, highest quality personalized service.
All industry standard playout formats, HLS (TS & CMAF/fMP4), (DVB-)DASH, HbbTV, HDS and Smooth (HSS)
Cutting edge codecs, AV1, HEVC, Dolby Atmos, Dolby AC-4, DTS:X
Every major DRM system, FairPlay, Marlin, PlayReady, Widevine
Extensive compatibility, stream your content to all major platforms and devices
Deploy anywhere, bare metal on premises, containerized, or in the cloud
High availability, being stateless, failover is seamless and your service won't be disrupted in case of emergency
Deliver the highest quality stream, stream 4K HDR with advanced audio, subtitle and video formats, and add accessibility options
Future proof, flexibility to quickly and easily make changes, such as integrating Dynamic Ad Insertion (DAI) without re-encoding
Low storage costs, keep only a single copy of your content on disk, guaranteeing maximum efficiency and cost saving
How it works
Dynamic packaging is the process of keeping only a single source on disk, and delivering content in a requested output format by generating that output from the source at the moment the request is received (just-in-time). Adding encryption (and DRM) can be part of it. Everything is generated on-the-fly so a dynamic workflow allows for quick changes to the configuration of your streams, because it does not require changes to the source on disk.
Table of contents
The following sections document how to setup VOD streaming with Unified Origin, the available options, the different ingest formats, playout control and track selection as well as remote storage or progressive download.
- Playout Control
- Using different manifests
- Using dynamic track selection
- Using Rewrite Map for URL aliases
- HTTP Dynamic Streaming (HDS) 'stream level' manifests
- Configuration and ordering of HLS playlists
- Ordering HTTP Smooth Streaming (HSS), MPEG-DASH tracks
- IIS passthrough
- Using Apache's Basic Authentication with IsmProxyPass
- Using Apache's mod_auth_token
- Troubleshooting VOD Streaming
- Determining the issue
- FMP4_403 No virtual path specified
- FMP4_403 origin: no policy for streaming
- Playback stops right after it starts
- Audio is longer than video
- S3 and latency
- FMP4_500 precondition failed 'tmp_ism.tracks_.size() == 1'
- FMP4_500 precondition failed 'base_media_decode_time + duration == time'
- Audio sync issues
- '415 unsupported media type'
- Checking for non-GOP aligned content