Produce device specific manifests
Customize manifests to boost compatibility with players, legacy Smart TVs and other third party components. Quickly and easily address one or more predefined use case and re-process existing manifests or edit dynamically in your just-in-time (JIT) streaming delivery workflow.
- Static or dynamic, edit existing manifests or introduce changes on-the-fly in a dynamic workflow
- Extensive plugin library, library addresses multiple predefined use cases
- Industry standard output, HLS and MPEG-DASH support
- Python architecture, lightweight and flexible plugin pipeline creation and development
- Create your own use case, combine different plugins to implement your use case without significant coding effort
- Boost compatibility, produce custom manifests for specific devices and third-party software
- Deploy anywhere, it runs bare metal servers on premise, containerized, or in the cloud
- Provide better viewer experience, resolve issues with third party playback of languages, bitrates, codecs by editing manifests
- Included with the standard USP installation, no additional license or installation requirements
- Edit with piece of mind, plugins will result in files conforming to the specifications
How it works
Manifest edit and a plugins library is installed alongside Unified Streaming's other software packages by default. Plugins may be selected from the plugin library and configured into a single or multi-stage processing pipeline. Also it is possible to write and use customized plugins. Modifications to client manifests are introduced before forwarding the manifest to the downstream cache/CDN components of the workflow.
Table of contents
To get started, please refer to the Installation Chapter. This manual explains the basic concepts you need to know to use Manifest Edit as well as the available plug-ins.
If you don't see your use case in the plugin library or would like assistance with initial set up our support team is available to help.
- Included Use Cases
- MPD Use Cases
- HLS Use Cases