Unified Remix - nPVR¶
Infinite recording for personalized playback
Archive content from a live stream to create an instant catch-up TV service based on a dynamic Electronic Program Guide (EPG). Enable your viewers to instantly playback their Personal Video Recordings (PVR). Viewers never miss a second of their favorite program and you can create instant highlights and other short form promotional material before the end of the show.
- Infinite archive, unlimited archive length with no performance degradation
- On-the-fly VOD clips, record, archive, repurposed and replay clips from live streams
- Instant replay, access content the moment it is archived
- Personalized recordings, viewers can choose what to record, creating a personal library of recordings
- Frame accurate catch-up, resolve EPG inaccuracies without repackaging or re-encoding
- Available on any device, playback regardless of viewer device
- Increase ad revenue, refresh stale ads and target them for viewer relevance
- Deploy anywhere, bare metal on premises, containerized, or in the cloud
- Integrates into existing solutions, can be added to live streaming setups built on Unified Origin
How it works
Recordings are dynamically generated and defined in easily updatable playlists that reference segments archived from a live stream.
Unified Origin bookends this workflow with Origin Live serving as the source and Origin VOD delivering the recordings to viewers. Unified Capture is responsible for archiving the live stream to disk in segments of a pre-defined length. The service that generates the playlists is a point of integration.
Unified Remix reads the playlist and translates it to a remixed MP4, which references the media data in the archived segments and stitches it together on a new, seamless timeline. This remixed MP4 then serves as the input for Origin VOD to generate and deliver the recording in whichever format is requested.
Table of contents